The easiest way to serve cake and ice cream at a children's party -parfait style!
I made these ice cream and cake parfaits recently for my daughter's summer birthday party. I was running the party solo, so I knew I need to have everything done in advance.
These were the perfect solution to serving cake and ice cream to a young crowd. Everything can be done ahead of time, just pull them out of the freezer and enjoy the party along with your guests.
- Clear glasses
- Ice cream
- Crushed Oreos
- Gummy worms
- Prepare a cake of your choosing. Bake in a half sheet pan.
- After baking remove the cake from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Freeze the cake, until firm enough to cut. I baked mine in the morning and it was chilled enough by evening to cut out.
- Using a round cookie cutter the same diameter as your glass, carefully cut out cake. (See photo below.)
- Place a scoop of soften ice cream into cup. Top with a layer of fudge, cake, and whipped cream.
- Garnish according to your event. I sprinkled crumbed Oreos and placed a gummy worm on top to accompany our fishy theme.
Don't forget use a cutter the same diameter as your serving glasses.
Anyone else have an all-in-one dessert favorite?
Sunday: |I Heart Naptime|Nifty Thrifty Things|It's Overflowing| MopItUp| Twigg Studios| Monday: |Made By You| C.R.A.F.T.| DIY Showoff|Between Naps on the Porch| Debbie Doo's| Home Stories A to Z| diy home sweet home Tuesday: Coastal Charm| Nest for Less|Tip Junkie|My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia|A Bowl Full of Lemons|Get Your Craft On|ClaimingOurSpace Wednesday: Uncommon|Savvy Southern Style |Organize and Decorate| NYMelroseFamily|Newlyweds Recipe Linky|Southern Lovely| Home Happy Home|Gingersnap Crafts Thursday: The Shabby Creek Cottage|Made in a Day|House of Hepworths|the 36th Avenue| Crafty Scrappy, Happy|52 Mantels Friday: Making Lemonade|Blissful and Domestic|One Artsy Mama|Serenity Now| Tatertots and Jello|The Shabby Nest|Thirty Handmade Days|Addicted 2 Decorating|Funky Junk Interiors|Financial Friday|At the Picket Fence|Classy Clutter|