My daughter needed to bring a treat for a youth group activity. . .at the last minute (literally, it was an hour before the activity). . .we didn't have any special ingredients. . .and there was no time to run to the store . . .
These chewy butterscotch brownies fulfilled all those circumstances deliciously.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 chopped cup nuts (optional)
- Mix butter and sugar together, add eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Pour into a buttered 8x8 baking dish. Bake for 30-45minutes at 350, until set.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
I'd love to know what pickle these help you out in! (Or at least give me some reassurance that my kids aren't the only ones making last-minute baking requests.)