This seriously has to be the easiest cake to make, ever!
You gotta love when your kid actually makes a reasonable (and downright easy request) when you're in the midst of planning a birthday party right? I sure was grateful! Not only that, but she was happy with simple sprinkles as the sole decorations. I really love this girl!
And the cake was a total hit! All the guests loved it. And they may or may not had a bowl diving contest to see who could get the most cake on their face.
I did hope their parents had served them a heaping helping of veggies for lunch, because I had some serious guilt serving this chocolately fudge, candy, and sugar laden dessert.
|This is what the ice cream sandwich ice cream cake looks like before you frost it with whipped cream.|
- 2 boxes of ice cream sandwiches, frozen, any flavor
- 2 cartons (8 oz) Cool-Whip, thawed or whipped cream
- 2 jars (11 3/4 oz) hot fudge topping, room temperature
- 1 bag of Heath bar toffee brickle (in the baking section)
- Layer the sandwiches tightly in your pan.*
- After one layer of sandwiches, generously spread the hot fudge evenly across. Top with the toffee.
- Repeat the layers in order, until you have your desired height, ending with the ice cream sandwiches.
- Freeze for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Frost with whipped cream.
- Decorate as desired.
- Work with a just a few sandwiches at a time, so that they don't become too thawed.
- You may need to cut the sandwiches to fit the pan. The sandwich should be tight in the pan. The sandwiches cut easily and cleanly when frozen.
- You may need to pop the cake into the freezer occasionally as you layer, to keep it chilled.
Sunday: |Nifty Thrifty Things | It's Overflowing| MopItUp | MixItUp | Monday: | C.R.A.F.T.|Sumo'sSweetStuff | diy home sweet home | KeepingItSimple | MadSkills | thededicatedhouse | BNOTP |Tuesday: Coastal Charm | SugarBeeCrafts | My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia | diydreamer | HomeMade Wednesday:| Savvy Southern Style | NYMelroseFamily | Gingersnap Crafts | LifeWithTheCrustOff | WorkIt | LiveLaughRowe Thursday: The Shabby Creek Cottage| Made in a Day | House of Hepworths | the 36th Avenue | 52 Mantels Friday: Blissful and Domestic | Serenity Now| The Shabby Nest |Thirty Handmade Days | Financial Friday | Classy Clutter| Show&Tell | Remodelaholic | Palooza