So, we just preformed our first Ikea Hack (pretty minor, I know). We took the tops off, drilled new holes so that that each was offer center to both to the left and the right. This way each individual piece could butt right up to each other instead of creating that narrow gap.
You can see in this Ikea image that the legs are longer.
You can see from the above photo:
- that we trimmed the legs almost all the way off
- how we scooted the tops over so that two pieces can sit flush next to each other
- my cool flooring situation, posted here.
- my partially painted ceiling
- the new crown moulding
- the lack of a baseboard
- my fun green CB vase, posted here
And remember this what the room looked like when we moved in.
It's slowly coming together, baby step by baby step. (More on the transformation coming later!)
If you are into Ikea hacks, check out this site.
Do you have any Ikea hacks?
Linked up to Domestically Speaking