- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup unsalted butter, (2 sticks), softened
- 2 large eggs
- Sanding sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl; set aside.
- Put sugars and lemon zest in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed 30 seconds. Add butter; mix until pale and fluffy, about 1 minute. Mix in eggs, 1 at a time, and then the lemon juice. Reduce speed; gradually add flour mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Scoop dough using a 2-inch ice cream scoop; space cookies 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten cookies slightly with a spatula. Sprinkle tops with sanding sugar, then lightly brush with a wet pastry brush; sprinkle with more sanding sugar.
- Bake cookies until golden, about 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks using a spatula; let cool completely. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
Linked up to 30 Handmade Days, Debbie Doos, Making the World Cuter, Home Sweet Home, Lines Across My Face, Nifty Thrifty, A Rosie Sweet Home, CRAFT, BNOTP, Alderberry Hill, Homemaker on a Dime, Made by You, Mad Skills, How to Nest for Less, Not Just a Housewife, Coastal Charm, Today's Creative Blog, Kurtz Corner, Carolyn's Homework, Sugar Bee Crafts, My Uncommon Slice of Suburia, Tip Junkie, g*rated, Our Delightful Home, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Cozy Home Scenes, Claiming Our Space, Tea Rose Home, Blue Cricket Design, The Mommy Club, Ginger Snaps, Savvy Southern Style, Newlyweds On a Budget, DIY by Design, Uncommon Design, Someday Crafts, The Shabby Creek Cottage, live.laugh.rowe, Fireflies and Jellybeans, The 36th Ave, Loving this Crazy Life, Beyond the Picket Fence, Sugar and Dots, My Girlish Whims, Timeout Tuesday, Catch a Glimpse, Serendipity and Spice, Finding Fabulous, Feathered Nest, Stuff and Nonsense, Common Ground, Redoux, My Romantic Home, It's Overflowing, Our Reflection, I Heart Naptime, Under the Table and Dreaming, TipJunkie