Monday, February 13, 2012

new old-fashion oatmeal sandwich cookies

I saw this recipe on another blog and I just had to try it. Handyman was out town, the kids in bed, the kitchen was clean, and I without any book to read. So what else to do? Bake, of course. And good thing, because the next day one of my friends was sick and this was the perfect dessert to go with the chili and cornbread dinner that I took her.

Let's face it, I didn't want these sweet little treasures sitting around my house -my little one ate one after lunch and then I packed up the rest. I love baking for other people!

Recipe from
Krafty Katrina



Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
  • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 3 cups oats, rolled or quick
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375F.Beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beating well.
  2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk together. Add to the butter mixture. Add oats; stir well.
  3. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375F for 9-11 minutes. Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes. Remove cookies from pan and cool on wire racks.
  4. Spread 1 tablespoon cream filling over bottom side of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies, right side up.
Cream Filling
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Beat ingredients together until combined and light and fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Thank you for your comment. No urls please.

09 10