Let's face it, I didn't want these sweet little treasures sitting around my house -my little one ate one after lunch and then I packed up the rest. I love baking for other people!
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups oats, rolled or quick
- Preheat oven to 375F.Beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk together. Add to the butter mixture. Add oats; stir well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375F for 9-11 minutes. Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes. Remove cookies from pan and cool on wire racks.
- Spread 1 tablespoon cream filling over bottom side of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies, right side up.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Beat ingredients together until combined and light and fluffy.