One of my favorite things to do is to take a well-loved classic and adapt it up for the season. That's exactly what these seasonal snickerdoodles provide -a taste of the holidays.
With just a simple swap of cinnamon to pumpkin pie spice, these cookies are ready to hold their own against any fall and winter treat. . .
and leave you wondering why you never thought of this tiny tweak before.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and the salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs. Scrap down the sides of the bowl, and add the whisked dry ingredients. Beat to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the reserved 1/4 cup sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Shape the dough into balls and roll in sugar mixture.
- Place balls about two inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Let cookies sit five minutes on the baking sheet on a wire cooling rack before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Makes approximately 41/2 to 6 dozen cookies.
Bakers Tip: I like to use a cookie scoop to get uniform size cookies.
What's your favorite holiday adjustment?
Sunday: |I Heart Naptime|Nifty Thrifty Things | It's Overflowing| MopItUp | MixItUp | Creative | Monday: | C.R.A.F.T.|Sumo'sSweetStuff | diy home sweet home| KeepingItSimple | MadSkills |thededicatedhouse | JamHands | BNOTP |Tuesday: Coastal Charm | SugarBeeCrafts | My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia | diydreamer | Wednesday:| Savvy Southern Style | NYMelroseFamily | Gingersnap Crafts | LifeWithTheCrustOff | LiveLaughRowe Thursday: The Shabby Creek Cottage| Made in a Day | House of Hepworths | the 36th Avenue | 52 Mantels CreateIt Friday: Blissful and Domestic | Serenity Now| The Shabby Nest |Thirty Handmade Days | Financial Friday | Classy Clutter| Show&Tell | Remodelaholic