put those over ripen bananas to good use-
the riper the better in these perfect after school snack muffins
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 over ripe bananas
- 1t vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 c walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla.
- In a separate, mash the bananas with a fork. (If bananas are soft or you using an electric mixer, skip this step. The bananas will incorporate just fine without being mashed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and sift with a whisk. Add to the wet ingredients in 2 or 3 batches. Mix just until combined.
- Bake in greased muffin tins for 18 minutes. Muffins are done when a tooth pick stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
Anyone else have a family favorite recipe that has been handed down for generations?
Sunday: |I Heart Naptime|Nifty Thrifty Things|It's Overflowing| MopItUp| Monday: |Made By You| C.R.A.F.T.|Between Naps on the Porch|Home Stories A to Z| diy home sweet home| swwer sharingTuesday: Coastal Charm|Tip Junkie|My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia|A Bowl Full of Lemons|Get Your Craft On|ClaimingOurSpace Wednesday: Uncommon|Savvy Southern Style |Organize and Decorate| NYMelroseFamily|Gingersnap Crafts Thursday: The Shabby Creek Cottage|Made in a Day|House of Hepworths|the 36th Avenue| Crafty Scrappy, Happy|52 Mantels Friday: Making Lemonade|Blissful and Domestic|One Artsy Mama|Serenity Now| Tatertots and Jello|The Shabby Nest|Thirty Handmade Days|Addicted 2 Decorating|Funky Junk Interiors|Financial Friday|At the Picket Fence|Classy Clutter| TheDedicatedHouse